Operate a front end loader
SAQA US ID UNIT STANDARD TITLE
262747 Operate a front end loader
NQF LEVEL NQF LEVEL CREDITS
Level 2 NQF Level 02 12
PURPOSE OF THE UNIT STANDARD
The qualifying learner will be able to operate a front end loader by understanding the functions of starting, shutting down and operating procedures for the machine. Learners who master the applied competence described in this unit standard will contribute to the development of a professional community of Construction Plant operators.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW AFTER THIS TRAINING
- Demonstrating knowledge of the functions of a front end loader.
- Planning for work activities and prepare work area.
- Starting and shutting down front end loader.
- Operating front end loader.
- Transporting front end loader to and from site.
To qualify for this course, you will need,
- Minimum of Grade 7-9 certificate
- Recognition of previous learning/experience is also considered