Operate advanced defined purpose lift trucks
SAQA US ID UNIT STANDARD TITLE
242972 Operate advanced defined purpose lift trucks
PRE-2009 NQF LEVEL NQF LEVEL CREDITS
Level 3 NQF Level 03 7
PURPOSE OF THE UNIT STANDARD
The person credited with this unit standard is able to operate a battery operated defined purpose lift truck. They are able to access emergency support and services in the case of an emergency while operating a lift truck. The person is also able to identify and classify the load, handle and move the freight while operating the lifting equipment in accordance with standards and its performance capabilities. They are also able to monitor the fitness of the lift truck.
AFTER COMPLETING THIS COURSE, YOU HAVE TO BE CAPABLE OF;
- Accessing available emergency support systems and services in case of incidents and accidents.
- Identifying and classifying freight/loads.
- Handling, loading and storing freight.
- Achieving maximum work performance of battery powered lifting equipment and attachments.
- Operating equipment.
To qualify for this course, you will need,
- Minimum of Grade 10 certificate
- Safety, Health & Environmental legislation
- Medical fitness Certificate
- Eye test certificate
UNIT STANDARD RANGE
The applied competence expressed in this standard may be demonstrated across a range of lifting trucks (capacity, functionality) involved in familiar operational functions in any industry context, and in any environmental conditions.
Lift Truck shall include:
- F5: Reach Lift truck up to rated capacity of 2500kg.
- F8: Order Picking lift truck – for first and second level racking (Narrow aisle/wide aisle) (NA/WA).
- F9: Order Picking lift truck – for all level racking including high rise (NA/WA).
- F13: VNA (Very narrow aisle) lift truck, non-elevating cab, to service all levels.
- F14: VNA lift truck, elevating cab, to service all levels.
- F15: Rail mounted stacker lift truck with non-elevating cab.
- F16: Rail mounted stacker lift truck with elevating cab.
Attachments and special equipment shall include:
- A: Side Shift.
- B: Single pole.
- C: Carton or paper roll clamp.
- D: Crane Hook.
- E: Push Pull/Slip sheet equipment.
- F: Load Rotator.
- G: Wire Guidance system.
- H: Load Extender Pantograph.
- I: Rotating Mast (Turret Truck).
- J: Tilting Bucket.
- K: Tandem Forks.
- L: Container Vanning and Devanning.
- M: Container Handling.
- N: Forks.
- O: Cradle (Safety Cage).
The above codes and attachments correspond with the SA National Code of Practice.