Operate a Dragline
SAQA US ID UNIT STANDARD TITLE
262730 Operate a dragline
NQF LEVEL NQF LEVEL CREDITS
Level 2 NQF Level 02 20
PURPOSE OF THE UNIT STANDARD
The qualifying learner will be able to operate a dragline by understanding the functions of starting, shutting down and operating procedures for the machine. Learners who master the applied competence described in this unit standard will contribute to the development of a professional community of Construction Plant operators.
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU AFTER THIS TRAINING
- Demonstrating knowledge of the functions of a dragline.
- Planning for work activities and prepare work area.
- Starting and shutting down dragline.
- Operating dragline.
- Transporting dragline to and from site.
To qualify for this course, you will need,
- Minimum of Grade 7-9 certificate
- Recognition of previous learning/experience is also considered