Operate a grader
SAQA US ID UNIT STANDARD TITLE
262735 Operate a grader
PRE-2009 NQF LEVEL NQF LEVEL CREDITS
Level 2 NQF Level 02 15
PURPOSE OF THE UNIT STANDARD
The qualifying learner will be able to operate a grader by understanding the functions of starting, shutting down and operating procedures for the machine. Learners who master the applied competence described in this unit standard will contribute to the development of a professional community of Construction Plant operators.
The qualifying learner will be capable of:
- Demonstrating knowledge of the functions of a grader.
- Planning for work activities and preparing work area.
- Starting and shutting down grader.
- Operating grader.
- Transporting grader to and from site.
WHO SHOULD TRAIN
Anyone with the interest to operate this machine is welcome. Companies or individuals who own one can also get to us to have their employees trained and certified.
To qualify for this course, you will need,
- Minimum of Grade 7-9 certificate
- Recognition of previous learning/experience is also considered